Mon: Upper Body Strength Routine #1;
Tues: Lower Body Strength Routine #1; 15 miles (pace)
Wed: Upper Body Strength Routine #2;
Thurs: Lower Body Strength Routine #2;
Fri: Upper Body Strength Routine #3;
Sat: 53 miles (pace)
Week 6 Scheduled Mileage: 131
Strength training routines at the gym: M-F, 6am
Century training rides: M-W, F, 7pm; Sat, 9am; Sun, 7:30am
Core-specific exercise routine: M, W, F after evening rides (3x per week)
Random Notes to Self:
- Since I was able to pedal 47 miles relatively comfortably on Saturday after four consecutive days off the bicycle last week, I've decided to move on to the scheduled mileage in Week 6 instead of repeating Week 5.
- Don't forget the chamois cream!
- Need to purchase real cycling sunglasses; the $5 immitations I purchased from a street vendor in Midtown are not going to hold up much longer. Considering transitions lenses.
- iPhone or Droid? My Verizon contract ends in May and - while I could wait for Verizon's version of the iPhone to be released later this fall rather than switch to AT&T - I'd like a Smartphone for my big cycle adventure. Comments?
- America by Bicycle's Century Challenge & Endurance Cycling Training Guide, reproduced with permission by Rodale Press