Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vermont Dedication

Vermont is a small state and quite possibly the nation's best kept secret. It's a place of natural beauty and unexpected splendor.

Authentic. Unassuming. Sincere.

Kevin, you once said that we would be the couples who go the distance and have a great time the entire way.

I hoped you were right back then ... I believe you may have been now.


Brody, I don't think of you and Kev as two of Terrence's best friends. I think of you both as two of Terrence's brothers.

It is rare to find friendships that behold the levels of authentic character, genuine camaraderie and sincere pride that the three of you share. When I think of you - and the few other men you keep close - I am reminded of a famous quote by Oscar Wilde:

"Anyone can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success."

But selfishly, I delight most in the fact that you both found your matches in two incredible women that I absolutely adore.


When I think of the six of us, I think of one of Dr. Seuss' rhymes.

Oh, the places you'll go!

And I went through Vermont for all of you.

2 comments:

Jill:) said...

You can always leave me speechless! And you are adored as equally much, if not more;)!!:) xoxoxo

Monique D. said...

Aaaaaaw :) What a sweet dedication!